Eating well on any budget
Yes, you can eat well on a shoe string budget. I know, because I have. In this post I will give you ideas that you can put into action to create your own, healthy meal plan.
Below I will show you how you can create healthy Dinner Recipes That Serve 4 people for $5 or Less. Save money on groceries with these healthy, easy and cheap dinner recipes that serve 4 for $5 or less. Try our Fettuccine with Shiitake Mushrooms & Basil or our Southwestern Cheese Panini for a satisfying dinner that’s cheap to prepare .
Design with Ease
Our healthy dinner time recipes, include, panini recipes, pasta recipes, chicken recipes, ramen recipes and many more. ALL budget friendly to feed your whole family the Live Healthy Retreats Way .
Does Fettuccine with Shiitake Mushrooms & Garlic or our Grilled Cheese Panini entice your taste buds? Our recipes are all healthy, satisfying and cheap to prepare. Score!
Fettuccine with Shiitake Mushrooms & Garlic Recipe Ingredients:
3 cloves garlic, minced
3 ounces shiitake mushrooms, stemmed and sliced 2 cups)
2 teaspoons freshly grated lemon zest i.e. lemon peel
2 tablespoons lemon juice, juice
1/2 teaspoon salt, or to taste
Freshly ground pepper, to taste
8 ounces whole-wheat fettuccine
½ cup chopped fresh basil, divided
½ cup Parmesan cheese, (preferably fresh grated 1 ounce)
You’ll need about 20 minutes total to prepare and cook this recipe. First, bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil for cooking pasta.
Heat oil in large nonstick skillet over low heat. Add garlic and cook, stirring, until fragrant but not browned, about 1 minute. Add mushrooms and increase heat to medium-high; cook, stirring occasionally, until tender and lightly browned, 4 to 5 minutes. Stir in lemon zest, lemon juice, salt and pepper. Remove from the heat.
Meanwhile, cook pasta, stirring occasionally, until just tender, 9 to 11 minutes or according to package directions. Drain, reserving ½ cup cooking liquid.
Add the pasta, the reserved cooking liquid, Parmesan and ¼ cup basil to the mushrooms in the skillet; toss to coat well. Serve immediately, garnished with remaining basil.
Superb recipes that Satisfy your pocket book and your tummy
For more affordable recipes, please subscribe to my newsletter.
Get Stuffed with our Low Cost Healthy "Stuffed Peppers."
Stuffed Green Peppers & Rice Ingredients:
1 cup of brown rice to 2 cups water
28 ounce can of Stewed Tomatoes (Organic if possible)
1 lb of ground turkey
1 teaspoon of salt over turkey
Freshly ground pepper, to taste
1 clove of garlic finely chopped
1/2 of an Onion chopped
3/4 cup shredded mozzarella cheese ( 3 oz.)
4 Whole Green Peppers (or more, depends on how many people you are serving)
How to prepare:
1. Cook the rice ( follow directions on your choice of rice)
2. Heat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Cut the stems from the Green Peppers to remove the top of pepper. Remove the seeds and rinse out.
3. In a skillet, cook the turkey, onion and garlic over medium heat for 8 to 10 minutes, until turkey is brown. Stir in cooked rice and stewed tomatoes. Then cook for 5 more minutes.
4. Get a square pan you can place your Green Peppers upright in. Note: if your peppers don't stand alone you may need to even out the bottom of the pepper by cutting it across so it's flat. Use the turkey, rice and stewed tomatoes mixture to stuff your Green Peppers to the top.
5. Place foil over the top of the pan of Green Peppers. Now Bake at 350 for 10 minutes then take the foil off and bake for 15 minutes longer.
6. Remove peppers from oven and sprinkle mozzarella cheese over each. Just a sprinkle though, cheese can be very high in calories if used in large proportions.